A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a motivated Unix Administrator to join my client in Virginia, USA.
About the Client
My client is a global leader in telecommunications and data-networking services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide comprehensive Unix Administration for the organisation. Responsible for infrastructure for all platforms. Review performance of various UNIX platforms by monitoring and tuning using latest tools and methodology's. Manage backup policies. Meet quality and performance KPI with supporting documents. Respond to user reported system errors and faults, network problems and provide assistance in resolving these problems. Administer patches / packages to the Operating System to ensure efficient operational performance. Ensure that upper management is informed on all critical issues. Provide and manage support on special projects and when assigned .
Candidate Skills and Requirements
- 2-3 years Unix Administration experience
- Functional scripting ability in Perl, PHP. Bash, AWK or similar
- Familiarity with a networked computing environment
- 1-2 years DNS Administration
- 1-2 years Email Administration
- Degree or Diploma qualified in Computer Science or related field
- Dedicated and with a willingness to learn new skills
- US Citizens only need apply