Job Title: Core Performance Engineer /Ericsson
Functional Role: MS Operations
Skill Set: Experiecne
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Duration: 6-months extendable
Core Network and System Administrator Performance Engineer
· Good understanding of Standard Ericsson CS&PS switches Counters, KPI and its formula.
· Understanding the definition of CS&PS Core indicators and key performance indicators.
· Experienced with Ericsson Performance tool for measurement collection, scheduling, analyzing and troubleshooting.
· Good understanding of Ericsson data/measurement flow from NE to OSS.
· Familiar with Ericsson Measurement Data Export interface
· Knowledge of Ericsson OSS Performance Database and the structure.
· Experienced with Performance Management Tools (e.g. BO, SDM, ENIQ, and Metrica).
· Able to use MML command for checking and monitoring Core measurement
· Able to developed UNIX shell script & SQL Store Proc for PM data extraction
· Experience of MS SQL and MS Application.
· Experience of working with large databases such as Oracle, MS Sql
· Good understanding about business object (query designer).
· Provide recommendation for core network expansion and corrective maintenance.
· Using statistics to forecast the future growth of Network
· Using statistics to identify the congested parts of the Core network.
· Developing oracle and UNIX scripts for the optimization of the operating systemSetting up of watchdogs, statistical scripts and other scripts necessary for proper system operation
· Write scripts and programs in some administrative language (Linux shell, Unix, C++).
· Performance parameters are strictly maintained within the set KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
· Responsible for the generation of the generation the monitoring of the performance of network to ensure attainment of the established Key Performance
· Closely monitor the performance of all KPIs and provides detailed performance analysis, giving emphasis on any deviation in the statistical trend of completion performance comparing the previous day and previous week performance. Further investigation will be undertaken for any substantial deviations in the performance to determine the major cause that may attribute to this deviation and escalate to resolving unit through issuance of trouble tickets. Close monitoring and follow up shall be done to expedite restoration during the working hours and none working hours for emergency escalations and checking after activities.
· Responsible for the generation of the daily, weekly and monthly Network Performance Analysis Report covering the call completion performance and trending and statistical analysis, traffic capacity, and customer growth pattern for consumption of Marketing team and MND and reference for capacity planning and engineering
· Undertake a thorough and analytical study and evaluation on the usage pattern for the VAS mobile services and provide recommendation to VAS Operations and Planning and Engineering team for the timely and appropriately network expansions taking into consideration the behaviour of daily statistical growth trend of traffic along with the anticipated trends of subscribers’ growth trend.
· Provide on a need basis, technical assistance to Core network operation and maintenance team, Engineering and Planning team and Marketing team for any network improvement initiative or product and services promotional initiative by providing necessary traffic statistics
· Ensure that any unusual behaviour or degradation of Core in the network shall be escalated timely and properly. Trouble reporting and restoration based on Severity
· Foster continuous and timely initiatives for the improvement in the performance of the Core network by constantly verifying the behavior of the network from the gathered statistical data.
· Ensure that any needed technical assistance being requested by Core network operation and maintenance team, Engineering & Planning team and Marketing team aimed at further improving network performance or product and services promotional campaign initiative though provision of necessary traffic statistics is being provided in timely fashion
· Maintain good support with other group for easy exchange of technical information.
· Ability to work in multi-vendor environment.
Qualification (formal education needed):
· Bachelor Degree of Telecommunication / Computer/ Electronics Engineering.
· 5 years of experience in Network Performance Quality. Having minimum 2 years solid working experience in CS&PS Core as an Operation and Maintenance.
· Software languages, MS Excel (Macro), MS Access, SQL, Sybase etc
· Extensive experience in relevant field.
· Must have extensive experience with Ericsson equipment
· Has sufficient working experience in a large Mobile Services Provider is preferable with sufficient knowledge in Core analytical and statistical background is required for this position coupled with substantial knowledge and exposure in the service performance of telecommunications network using the different technology such as GSM/GPRS/EDGE Core Network, MMS, WAP, Video Streaming, Push to talk, Location Base services, Gaming, RANAN and Base Station System, IP,LAN, ATM, Signaling System (SS7, BSSMAP, CAP, INAP, DTAP, Sigtran,SS7 over IP) and legacy technology such as PSTN..
· Candidate for this position requires sufficient hands-on experience in operating, maintaining and administering various Network Surveillance and Monitoring tools/equipment
· The Performance Engineer should have a excellent knowledge acquired through training in the following courses:
1. RDBMS, MS-SQL, Sybase or Oracle Database.
2. UNIX shell script writing, debugging.
3. Advanced knowledge of UNIX and SQL-programming.
4. Computer Skill (Excel, Words and MS-Office).