Go back to the Job List
This post has expired! It was posted more than 345 days ago.
Data Network Engineer JobPosted by: Yoh
Posted date: Mon, 31st Dec
Location: USA - Ohio
Yoh has a contract opportunity for a Data Network Engineer to join our client in Cincinnati, OH or Indianapolis, IN.
- Design communication solutions for SCADA Systems.
- Configure Cisco IOS configurations, tests and implement new network hardware devices (routers, firewalls, switches.) into the existing network infrastructure.
- Design, implement, test and document complex data network solutions.
- Work with TCP/IP, routing, switching and firewall technologies.
- Proactively manage the corporate network.
- Maintain and support network hardware devices across the entire network.
- Provide audit statistics and participate in the capacity planning process.
- Maintain accurate diagrams and configurations for all network devices.
- Prepare engineering job packages consisting of detailed parts / equipment lists, and appropriate documentation (drawings, network diagrams, configurations, etc.).
- Ensure life-cycle cost effective design of systems with the ultimate goal of meeting business needs and providing a reliable and efficient service to the user.
- Prepare and submit cost estimates for planned installations where required.
- Maintain familiarity with current networking technologies and available facilities.
- Procure, turn-up, and troubleshoot both private and public WAN circuits.
- Work across the IT organization to provide end to end solutions to the customer.
- Work well with team with little supervision.
- Effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Prioritize multiple tasks with multiple teams.
- Four year technical degree from an accredited university and/or a minimum of seven years experience in Information Technology with at least four years of design and support of Cisco Systems' products.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience.
- Experience with designing communications solutions for SCADA systems.
- Cisco Certifications CCNA, CCDA desired. CCNP, CCDP, CCIE preferred.
- Experience with network hardware / software solutions: Cisco routers and switches, Checkpoint firewalls, Nokia load balancers, Cisco ACS, Ciscoworks, Cisco wireless controllers and APs and Cisco VPN concentrators.
- Experience in the following technology areas: TCP/IP, Cisco IOS, Layer 3 Switching, RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, GRE, HSRP, GLBP, IPSEC, SSL, AAA, SNMP QOS/class of services, VoIP, Incident Response, Network Management Practices, Content Filtering, Load balancing, VPN, Wireless 802.11 ABG.
- Experience in provisioning and testing frame relay, SONET, T1, and DS3.
- Experience with network capacity planning, network security principles and general network management best practices.
- Understanding of TIA/EIA & BICSI wiring standards (IEE568 A & B wiring standards) ·
Discover all that's possible with Yoh. Apply now.
Recruiter: Teresa Wamsley
Yoh is a professional staffing provider with over 70 years of experience in the short- and long-term staffing services industry; visit our website to learn both about our company and about our Recruitment Process Outsourcing services.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
J2W: TELECOM: J2W: INFOTECH
Tax Term: CON_W2