Go back to the Job List
This post has expired! It was posted more than 343 days ago.
Mainframe Network Connectivity JobPosted by: Yoh
Posted date: Mon, 31st Dec
Location: USA - Maryland
Yoh has a contract-to-hire opportunity for a Mainframe Network Connectivity Administrator to join our client in Baltimore, MD.
Applicants must be able to obtain a Level 5C Clearance (Public Trust)
- The objective of this task is to engineer, design, implement and troubleshoot mainframe networks.
- Engineer, implement and support mainframe communications software.
- Provide network technical expertise and support of the Agency's connections to its external business partners.
- Provide third-level network problem determination support for SSAnet and the agency's interconnections to business partners.
- Migrate the agency's current SNA network environment to a pure TCP/IP network architecture.
- Experience with maintaining Virtual Telecommunications Access Method (VTAM) configuration start up parameters in support of SSA-wide area network consisting of approximately 100,000 devices in the current MPLS dual-carrier routed network.
- Experience supporting mainframe SNA and TCP/IP connectivity.
- Understand and define and maintain mainframe network definitions such as Cross Domain Resource Definitions (CDRSC); Cross Domain Resource Manager Definitions (CDRM); Adjacent Control Points (ADJCP); Switch Net Major Nodes (SNMN), Adjacent System Services Control Point (ASSCP) tables, Adjacent Cluster Tables (ADJCLUST); SNI configurations in Network Control Programs (NCP) and CDRMs.
- Experience supporting numerous network protocols such as SNA, SNI, APPC, APPN, Native TCP/IP, APPN/LLC (including Enterprise Extender and TN3270).
- Experience performing mainframe and network traffic analysis.
Discover all that's possible with Yoh. Apply now.
Recruiter: Jeff Windham
Yoh is a professional staffing provider with over 70 years of experience in the short and long-term staffing services industry; visit our website to learn more about our company. If you are seeking workforce solutions in the IT sector, see our comprehensive IT Staffing Resources.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
J2W: GOV; J2W: INFOTECH
Tax Term: CON_HIRE_W2