Go back to the Job List
This post has expired! It was posted more than 332 days ago.
Senior Radio Research EngineerPosted by: Nokia Siemens Networks
Posted date: Wed, 9th Jan
Nokia Siemens Networks is the world's specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world's most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly. With headquarters in Espoo, Finland, we operate in over 150 countries around the globe. Be one of the respected radio research experts in the company. Provide thorough scientific and technical expertise in different technology areas and projects, key ideas and take decisions on technology options.
Lead research and standardization activities in own technology area. Investigate the underlying causes and identifies short and long-term solutions, and perform techno-economical analysis. Share expertise with colleagues and other R&D departments. Define technical concepts, creates IPRs of business relevance and publications for conferences and journals. Contribute to creation of technology roadmaps and strategy development. Act as editor for specifications and external technical contributions.
You will be part of the Radio Research team with a focus on LTE/ LTE-Advanced, new air interface concepts for beyond 4G technologies, as well as in the field of SON research, cognitive radio, and radio network system architecture. Specifically your role includes the following responsibilities:
• Research execution by development of concepts and new algorithms
• Develop, integrate and test new functions using simulation and real-time emulation tools
• Create new concept ideas, protect the work by invention reports, implement inventions in standards and review other inventions
• Lead research and standardization activities
• Drive research results into the business unit
• Proactive identification of emerging topics in the field of research and standardization
• Contribute to customer discussions and projects
• Lead activities in national and international funded research projects
• Guidance and mentoring of PhD and MSc students
• Coordinate collaborations projects with Universities
• Promote NSN in the scientific world by publications in relevant conferences and journals, and invited talks in conferences and workshops
• Experience in the field of radio research
• Profound knowledge of different components of radio access networks
• Profound background on LTE/LTE-Advanced and HSPA
• Experience in working with MatLab and C on a daily basis
• Experience in leadership activates, willingness to take responsibilities
• Experience to work in a multi-national and distributed environment
• Experience in IPR creation and process
• Experience in 3GPP standardization
• Experience in mentoring PhD, MSc students and new graduates
• Experience in leading tasks/activities in funded research projects, standardization, or collaborative projects
• Publications in the most relevant conferences and journals (publication list to be provided)
• PhD degree will be a plus
• You are proactive and willing to follow and search for latest research results!
• Strong technical and influential skills
• Strong skills in networking across organizational structures
• Fast analytical and abstraction capabilities
• Guide and coach capabilities
• Adopt quickly to new conditions and actively manage changes
• Willingness to travel
BUSINESS UNIT DESCRIPTION:
Radio Systems (RS) is part of NSN Research of Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN). Radio Systems aim at delivering research, technology and system concepts in the areas of: radio access architectures, radio network algorithms, and radio interfaces technologies.
Our studies focus on enhanced/new technical solutions for existing and new air interfaces and radio access networks and protocols.
Our leading radio research provides NSN with competitive system concepts, patents (IPRs), technology and methodology to secure long term competitive product provisioning. World-class innovation is achieved through collaboration in joined programs and projects with Nokia, external partners, customers, universities and research institutes.
RS is a multinational team being located at seven different sites: Aalborg, Arlington Heights, Beijing, Espoo, Munich, Oulu and Wroclaw.
fluent English skills