Go back to the Job List
This post has expired! It was posted more than 335 days ago.
Project Manager, LTE Trials and PilotsPosted by: Nokia Siemens Networks
Posted date: Wed, 9th Jan
Nokia Siemens Networks is the world's specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world's most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly. With headquarters in Espoo, Finland, we operate in over 150 countries around the globe. The Pilot and Trial Project Manager plans, manages and leads pilot and trial projects for LTE.
The Pilot and Trial Project Manager applies proven experience in project leadership to successfully execute customer project as part of the product program and provides leadership for a Trial and Pilot team.
The LTE Trial & Pilot Team within Radio Access RD SyVe prepares and executes customer trials and supports during piloting for the new Radio technology LTE.
For the Trials the target is to provide the customer at a very early stage of the project insight into functionality, and therewith demonstrate our competitiveness in that new technique. The results of the Trials directly impact the decision process of the customer and finally lead to a decision whether NSN would be set on a short list.
For the Piloting process we will support the customer while executing their test cases on their sites. The success at customer's site will directly influence the internal P8 milestone.
Besides the provision and testing of a Trial/Pilot test scope, the LTE trial team will additionally focus on enabling of local staff as well as on site support for customer teams.
Key responsibility areas:
Customer interface based on Type Acceptance which includes:
- Definition of Scope of Work in cooperation with development, project management and sales
- Lab acceptance planning, preparation and execution
- Problem solving in close cooperation with development (Priorisation and escalations)
- Resource planning according to customer requirements
- Planning of test lines configuration based on features and test equipment
- Support of First Site Acceptance (Support for Technical Service)
To fulfil all these responsibilities it is necessary to have a broad knowledge in radio environment especially in:
* several years experience with direct customer contacts
* several years experience in system verification or technical service of Mobile Networks for O&M and CP
* several years experience in test coordination, planning and tracking
* excellent managing and team leading skills
* excellent problem solving and risk management skills
* good networking skills in an international environment and ability to work with different cultures.
Education: MSc or PhD in Engineering or Technology, or equivalent skills
Fluent English, both written and spoken.
- result oriented with focus on product quality and customer satisfaction
- open communication and ability to work in international team
- good and quick grasp for new topics
- problem understanding and problem solving. Analytical thinking
- organizational and planning skills
- effective and clear communication
- creativity and flexibility