CML Design Engineer
Reference : UK E 2121
Job type : Permanent
Location : United Kingdom
Job description :
The successful applicant will have had hands-on experience of designing and building ETL functionality. He or she will work closely with the Product Engineering and Development leadership staff, and software and quality engineers to design and drive the development/roll-out of new features and functionality. The software should meet Tier-1 telco customer quality expectations and fast turnaround time for component delivery in alignment with product roadmap(s), while assisting in determining risks, module impact and timescales.
Responsibilities include :
- 1. Technical Design: Ensuring that Design and Requirement specifications are written, approved and implemented for assigned projects. Design for the long term software development of products and create a highly cohesive and modular product that ultimately lowers the cost of adding new functionality by speeding up the delivery time.
- 2. Development Guidance: Performing Software walkthroughs to educate and encourage the team into building high quality software as appropriate. Organise team for shared input of tasks and estimates.
- 3. Quality Governance: Advocating the product requirements and understanding its features and imparting this knowledge to members of the QA team to drive Quality Assurance of the Product and Software. Ensure Continuous Improvement and Test Driven Design principles are implemented and drive towards the reduction of Quality Control activities and accelerated regression testing.
- 1. Successful delivery of an R&D Project to the business requirements and release deadlines.
- 2. Production of clear documented design information to AIRCOM process, with clear quality indicators and value recognition of iterations from development activity to release requirements.
- 3. Demonstrable quality systems usage including but not limited to: SVN, Jira, Target Process, and Release notes.
- 4. Feedback from peers and supervised staff in R&D 5. Feedback from Peers in other teams, in particular: Product Engineering and Technical Design Authority.
Reporting to : Software Architect
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Private medical
- Salary Sacrifice pension scheme
Experience required :
- Experience of Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Ability to work within a dynamic environment with sprint based requirement updates and deliveries.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to pull together input from many sources in different regions, and communicate output to targeted audiences.
- Quality Software Development Demonstrate experience with full completion of Software development lifecycle, Test Driven Design, Continuous Integration (Development and Delivery), Release Management, and Configuration management.
- Design Documentation Able to generate technical design documentation including Use Cases, Message Flows, User Stories, Sequence Diagrams, UML etc. Project Reporting Proactive engagement of the Stakeholder community to ensure up-to-date and current reporting.
- C#, .NET C# 3.5 or 4,0 experience is desirable, as is a detailed understanding of .NET framework and classes C, C++ Capable of hands on development as required SOA, WCF Experience of designing software in a service-oriented architecture (SOA) Data Services Must understand DAL, Domain and Functional Separation of data models. XML and Oracle/Teradata Development and use of stored procedures.
- Strong understanding of XML Schemas/ XSLT, XPATH, WSDL. Experience with Oracle 10g/11g or Teradata R13 or similar RDBMS. Testing Tools, nUnit, moq Have practical experience of using industry standard testing tools.
Essential Skills :
- The developer must have a BSc/ B.Eng degree or HND equivalent in one of the following: -
- Computer Science - Electronic and/ or Electrical Engineering -
- Physics -
Desirable Skills :
- Scripting experience Experience in Perl, Awk, sed, Python or similar
- Telecommunications Industry Prior experience in OSS/BSS and large scale data processing and presentation. ETL Familiarity with (and the challenges of!) the ETL domain