Our client is urgently seeking to fill 30 RF Pre-Post Tuning Engineering positions by the end of the week.
Here are bullet points of the main things they’re looking for;
· CDMA or EVDO is a must (either or, ideally both)
· Experience with Ericsson or Nortel, Nortel being preferred
· 2-3 years on RF Optimization/ Performance Engineering
· Be able to troubleshooting issues, traffic analysis & counter analysis
· Strong Excel & data management tools
Scope of Work
This role is focusing on CDMA & EVDO, where the team is migrating to a new RBS/release (modernization). LTE work can be later included in this assignment. The end date of the project can also change. Minimum skills for this position: - Strong understanding of CDMA/EVDO technology. - Have worked on a Nortel/Ericsson Legacy BTS (DCG/eDCG/MFRM) project before.
• Coordinate with local LDO (implementation mgrs., market mgrs., etc.) for planning of 3G site migrations
• Coordinate with IM in preparation of script generation • Ensure session files are error free prior to script generation…. Scripting team will do this but lead needs to be aware of session file issues and work with cross functional team to resolve
• Ensure all q-track deliverables are aligned with integration dates (IM will request integration / migration scripts, RF and other groups develop the scripts, NIC implements)
• Monitor sites during pre-migration soak period for alarms.
• Perform pre migration (drive-less shakedown) data analysis (make sure site is functionally ready to take traffic). Work with ASP drive teams to test remote sites where necessary.
• Work with cross functional teams to resolve any functional issues that are uncovered during drive-less shakedown (sectors not taking traffic, swapped sectors, scripting issues) before actual migration The person should be able to work independently and with minimum supervision - Quality and accuracy of deliverables have to be very high - Needs to be a good team player - Should be able to work extra hours when needed - Minimum 3 years of relevant experience Optimization Knowledge and ability to work these tools are preferred: - RFDS - MapInfo (Mandatory) - Excellent in Excel/PowerPoint (Mandatory)
Remember that US work eligibility are a must. Canadian and Mexican nationals can obtain a work permit in less than two weeks.