Go back to the Job List
This post has expired! It was posted more than 166 days ago.
RF Optimization Expert 4GPosted by: Digicel
Posted date: Wed, 26th Jun
Local role you must be eligible to work in Haiti, please attach your resume in French and English.
After eleven years of operation, Digicel Group Limited has over 13 million customers across its 31 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and the Pacific. With revenues of US$2.2 billion, the company is renowned for delivering best value, best service and best network.
Digicel is the lead sponsor of Caribbean, Central American and Pacific sports teams, including the Special Olympics teams throughout these regions. Digicel sponsors the West Indies cricket team and is also the title sponsor of the Digicel Caribbean Championships and the “Copa de Naciones” Digicel. In the Pacific, Digicel is the proud sponsor of several national rugby teams and also sponsors the Vanuatu cricket team.
Digicel also runs a host of community-based initiatives across its markets and has set up Digicel Foundations in Jamaica, Haiti and Papua New Guinea which focus on educational, cultural and social development programs.
Digicel is incorporated in Bermuda and its markets comprise: Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba, Barbados, Bermuda, Bonaire, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Curacao, Dominica, El Salvador, Fiji, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Nauru, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, St Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Suriname, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos and Vanuatu. Digicel also has coverage in St. Martin and St. Barts in the Caribbean and has recently acquired a license in French Polynesia.
We invite applications for a new Digicel Opportunity “Senior RF Optimization Expert – 3G”
Primary objective of the job:
We are seeking an innovative, creative and experienced Senior RF Optimization Expert – 3G who is ready for the challenges, responsibilities, and rewards that come with working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment. This role is responsible for the design, rollout, monitoring, optimization and documentation of UMTS RF networks.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Coordination and participation in UMTS (HSPA+) network design, dimensioning, rollout/expansion.
• Supervision & Verification of network tuning by vendor/contractors to ensure that all KPIs are met.
• Drive improvements to the UMTS network.
• Interfacing with CS Core & PS Core teams to ensure all deliverables for RF are provided.
• Radio Network Tuning/Optimization.
• Study existing RF design (coverage plots and drive test log files) to identify coverage problems, interference, pilot pollution etc. Troubleshoot areas with poor RF performance, recommend and implement changes for improvement.
• KPI monitoring before during and after rollout phases.
• Network performance monitoring, analysis and reporting.
• Provide training and support as required to colleagues.
• Support business entities on RF activities .
• Support architectural designs and system engineering.
• Perform/support RF equipment trials/testing and troubleshooting
• Other duties as assigned.
• BSc in Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or closely related field from an accredited University/College
This engineering position requires some course work or related work experience in some of the following areas.
• Extensive Knowledge/Experience in
• 7+ years overall of RF engineering.
• 4+ years working with Ericsson UMTS.
• Understanding of RF KPIs and PIs for GSM & UMTS.
• RF Planning Tools: ASSET, TCPU
• Drive Testing with TEMS Investigation, NEMO Outdoor
• Log file post processing equipment: ACTIX, TEMS Discovery, NEMO Analyse.
• Ericsson UMTS features and Parameters
• Ericsson Configuration tools: CNA, OCE, MML, AMOS etc
• Ericsson Performance Tools: RNO, RPMO, GPEH, FFA etc
• Ericsson System architecture.
• Frequency Planning, Neighbor Optimization, Dropped Call Optimization
• Performance Reporting with Business Objects & SQL
• Must be able
• To work in a fast paced development environment.
• To analyze and solve technical problems.
• To have strong interpersonal skills and be self-motivated.
• To complete tasks in a timely manner.
• To communicate effectively on a technical level.
• To work under pressure in high visibility situations.
In return, you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, enterprising environment, where your skills will be valued and rewarded. Digicel recognizes our staff and management team are largely responsible for our success to date. Digicel's unique culture is driven by an entrepreneurial style encapsulated by our Chairman, board of directors and management, all seasoned telecom executives and industry experts with vast experience in building, expanding and