Go back to the Job List
This post has expired! It was posted more than 164 days ago.
RBS ExpertPosted by: Digicel-Haiti
Posted date: Wed, 26th Jun
After eleven years of operation, Digicel Group Limited has over 13 million customers across its 31 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and the Pacific. With revenues of US$2.2 billion, the company is renowned for delivering best value, best service and best network.
Digicel is the lead sponsor of Caribbean, Central American and Pacific sports teams, including the Special Olympics teams throughout these regions. Digicel sponsors the West Indies cricket team and is also the title sponsor of the Digicel Caribbean Championships and the “Copa de Naciones” Digicel. In the Pacific, Digicel is the proud sponsor of several national rugby teams and also sponsors the Vanuatu cricket team.
Digicel also runs a host of community-based initiatives across its markets and has set up Digicel Foundations in Jamaica, Haiti and Papua New Guinea which focus on educational, cultural and social development programs.
Digicel is incorporated in Bermuda and its markets comprise: Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba, Barbados, Bermuda, Bonaire, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Curacao, Dominica, El Salvador, Fiji, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Nauru, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, St Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Suriname, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos and Vanuatu. Digicel also has coverage in St. Martin and St. Barts in the Caribbean and has recently acquired a license in French Polynesia.
We invite applications for a new Digicel Opportunity ” RBS Expert”
Primary objective of the job:
Technically to install, commission, operate, maintain and support the RBS/TX equipments along the sites deployed in DIGICEL Haiti Network
- to fulfill the company’s future targets and motive
- to obtain customer satisfaction in the usage of our network
- and to maintain the network as the No.1 wireless communication system in Haiti
Number of persons Managed/Supervised and their positions:
Upon request, the BSS/TX engineer can lead a team including riggers and technicians for a specific work on field.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve provisional acceptance or interim acceptance of BSS/TX sites from Rollout department
- Perform audits under Operation & Maintenance job task
- Perform all the new site installation and integration process
- Be the 2nd level support to our O&M sub-contractors
- Assisting Integration team on troubleshooting on the new sites
- Supervision visit by the team members on the method of installation, testing and commissioning done by Rollout team
- Testing and commissioning on the Ericsson 2000 family members
- To keep track on the PAT (Procedure Acceptance Test) or final acceptance
- Some management deals with the site owner, contractors or with the local council with the assistance from Acquisition department
- To assist directly and indirectly our sub-contractors on troubleshooting of RBS equipments
- Supervise, join hand on installation, NOC supervision , alarm handling and troubleshooting
- to ensure RBS sites are operating without any alarms and snags
- and overall coordination representing Digicel Haiti technical department
- to plan and drove a layout for the teams claims budget and requirements
- consultation to the team members when they have doubt or problems facing on the RBS sites
- to prepare some equipment engineering specification or modification as per the request from immediate superior
- co-ordination with RF department and team members to do installation of antenna, checking the azimuth and orientation
- tracking the installation process and to prepare the team members to be on site as requested
- collecting Integration data from Rollout department and to be filed up in order to justify all the acceptance by O&M is done
- support the teams when they have problems in the site
Academic qualifications and experience required for job:
-minimum requirements is :-
- Bachelor degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, or
- Bachelor degree in Mass Telecommunication, or
- 3 years working experience in the same related operator companies
- Need to have basic knowledge about the telecommunication industry
- have experience is the same model of equipments which we are dealing with, etc
- must be English and French spoken personnel
- must have pleasant looking and attitude should be well discipline
- need to have at least the capability in planning systematically
- need to be more experience in the RBS equipments, test gears and etc
- should be able to work day and night
- able to go up to the towers without hard feelings
- have some knowledge on computer studies
- must be open minded as meeting directly with the customers
In return, you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, enterprising environment, where your skills will be valued and rewarded. Digicel recognizes our staff and management team are largely responsible for our success to date. Digicel's unique culture is driven by an entrepreneurial style encapsulated by our Chairman, board of directors and management, all seasoned telecom executives and industry experts with vast experience in building, expanding and marketing mobile services globally.