The Android Application Developer is responsible for designing and developing mobile applications for the telecomm industry, including creating and documenting Android applications (JAVA) and web interfaces (PHP & MySQL).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Essential Functions
• Design and develop Android application from the ground up
• Implement and resolve technical application issues through collaboration with other team members
• Ensure developed Android applications are highly integrated with Android APIs
• Create SQL database structures that integrate with Android applications and web interfaces
• Build PHP interfaces for the developed databases and applications
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities); (refers to job, not incumbent)
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree
Major/Discipline: Computer Science, Web Development
Relevant Work Experience
Minimum: Five (5) years’ experience in development and coding, including JAVA programming and Android APK development
Preferred: Seven (7) years’ experience in development and coding.
Skills & Abilities: (Technical or General)
• High competence in PHP programming and MySQL integration
• Strong ability in implementing and completing new projects on time without direct supervision
• Exhibit good listening skills and comprehension
• Collaboration skills, with a history of working effectively within a broader cross functional organization (both internal and external) to address technical issues
• Strong work ethic, high technical competence, and thorough documentation skills
• In-depth understanding of Android API capabilities and features as described above
• Ability to work independently with multiple technical resources in driving new projects on schedule with limited direct supervision
• Highly motivated to develop new applications
In addition to the above skills, the individual should also have graphic design experience.
Must be able to lift/carry materials, move about the office, turn on and operate a computer in the applicable environment, communicate efficiently and effectively on the telephone or in person, and complete required paperwork.
WORKING CONDITIONS (relates to physical environment):
Standard indoor office environment.
POSITION INTERACTS WITH (indicate internal and external contacts):
Company staff and management, client company staff and management, vendors, suppliers and contractors.