The Back Office Manager is the focal point of all network assurance and service assurance activities. The Back Office Manager also focusing on the key performance of the Back Office. It’s the Back Office Manager duty to :
· Be responsible for the Back Office, organisation and motivation of all operation personnel.
· Conduct or participate in recruitment interviews for selection of personnel.
· Be able to recognise the training requirements for people and give coaching where applicable.
· Be responsible for the well being of all staff in terms of their working environment and conditions of employment.
· Allocate work to the personnel with training and skills capable of doing the task.
· Ensure the Back Office is adequately staffed at all times.
· Provide the Operation Manager with reports of Back Office performance on a scheduled basis.
· Attend in managements meetings responsible for Back Office activities.
Duties and Activities
General, independent of system:
· Management reporting
System and Vendor specific:
· Report Handling
· Fluent in written and spoken English.
· Be able to work independently.
· Flexible and responsive to changing work patterns and demands.
· Able to work as a member of a team and lead junior staff from time to time.
· Open approach to solving problems and dealing with new proposals.
· A thorough and methodical approach to work.
· Must be able to work to tight time scales.
· High degree of analytical and investigative abilities.
· Focused on network (service) performance.
· Excellent knowledge of Control Network, i.e. system, HW / SW, functionality, DT, troubleshooting.
· Excellent knowledge of the network topology, its traffic handling capabilities and traffic characteristics.
· Good knowledge of all network elements and their main characteristics.
· Excellent knowledge of Core Network performance parameters and their interpretation and use.
· Good / excellent knowledge of the Core Network management system functionality and application use, (surveillance, performance, configuration).
· Good knowledge of network signalling / synchronisation.
Good knowledge of network implementation / integration processes