Go back to the Job List
This post has expired! It was posted more than 150 days ago.
OSP Planning & Implementation ConsultantPosted by: NUT Oman
Posted date: Thu, 11th Jul
Electrical/Telecommunication Engineering with at least 5 years’ experience in OSP planning & Implementation.
We are looking for a skilled resource (OSP Planning Consultant). The consultant should be able do the tasks mentioned in Functional Requirements.
The resource is required initially for a period of Six (06) months. However, there are great chances of extension to the contract.
THESE ARE THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Planning and design outside plant facilities including surveys.
2. Design & prepare/verify drawing for civil work such as trenching, duct, hand hole/manhole, Wadi crossings, road crossing etc.
3. Feasibilities for the connectivity of corporate customers keeping in view future growth and cost efficiency
4. To perform RfQ process for deployment of new FOC projects in Backbone, Metro & FTTx.
5. Generate as planned drawings, Fiber Distribution Drawings (FDD) and BOQ for civil and cable works
6. Review and approve As built drawing and ensure accuracy of as-built drawings
7. Optimize OSP design in collaboration with Network design teams (Transmission/Access)
8. Ensure Outside plant Data integrity using GIS software
9. Design and costing for Inside Plant (ISP) of buildings as per Business requirements.
10. Review the design and issue Change orders when necessary
1. At least 3 years work experience of Outside plant including civil and cable works
2. Good knowledge of standards related to fiber, GPON and outside plant elements
3. Familiar with transmission technologies such as DWDM, SDH, PDH, GPON, DSLAM etc.
4. At least 3 years work experience on using ESRI ArcGIS and AutoCAD software
5. Proficient in MS Office, Visio, Google Earth and other office tools